The fonds consists of minutes of the annual meeting (1938, 1950), minutes of the Directors' meeting (1950), resolutions considered and passed by the Western Agricultural Conference (1950), and addresses to the annual meeting by the Rt. Hon. James G. Gardner and Prof. John Kenneth Galbraith (1950).
In 1935 representatives of the provincial farmers' organizations of the four western provinces met as the Western Agricultural Conference. They agreed that because the Canadian Council of Agriculture had become inactive, there was a need for a new national farmers' organization. The Canadian Chamber of Agriculture was organized in Toronto later that year. Like its predecessor, it was a federation of provincial farm organizations and producers' groups, formed largely for the purpose of advocacy. The Western Agricultural Conference and the Eastern Agricultural Conference (established in 1939) continued to meet annually as divisions of the Chamber to deal with regional concerns. Around 1940 the Chamber changed its name to Canadian Federation of Agriculture. In the 2010s it continued to be the major agricultural advocacy organization of Canada.